Sunday, January 20, 2013

Where do you sit on the Israeli Parliament spectrum?

This is interesting, you can sit a test to see where you compare on a scale to the Israeli Political parties.

I sat it, to those who call me right wing, you will see I am very much a run of the mill centrist, if not slightly to the left.





I figure that most people in Israel are fairly centric, which is why it is such a pity that the political system is so pathetic.

The Proportional Representation system has such a low threshold, that the parties often tend to cater towards the minorites, rather than the centric majorities.

It also means that the politics are heavily based around personalities - Netanyahu, Tzipi Livni, Yair Lapid etc.  One of the questions of the survey was electoral reform.  I stated that I strongly agreed!





No comments:

Post a Comment